Actions for Development and Empowerment (ADE), a non-profit, grassroots, and youth-driven association founded in 2019 with the aim of empowering young people to act around issues that affect their lives and play an active role in the development process thereby creating positive change in their communities and Africa at large. ADE’s work also focuses on redressing the absence of avenue citizens, especially youth to hold government accountable to its service-delivery obligations through informed demands. To achieve its vision and missions, ADE undertakes action-oriented research, administrative and legal assistance, and advocacy for the effective implementation of regulations and law and policy reforms.
ADE believes that it can grow to provide a platform and civic space where young people set the agenda and brainstorm on the issues that affect education, effective democratic governance and accountability, employment and job creation in Africa and propose young people tailored solutions with capacity building, partnership and advocacy as key drivers.
We envision a world where all people – even in the most remote areas of Africa will have access to information to improve their livelihood.
- To build democracy through activism, education, empowerment and collaboration in Africa
- Empower marginalized community
- Advocate for effective rule of law, civic responsibility, good and responsive governance
- Increase and support youth participation in political activities, governance process and substance of democracy.
- Increase the adoption and implementation of international development laws and policies.
- Build the capacity of citizens on how to hold their elected representatives and government accountable
- Identify, mobilize, organize, engage and position our youths to be economically and socially empowered.
- Create awareness on the Sustainable Development Goals in communities
- Demystify menstruation and strengthen the capacity of adolescent girls and boys in Africa, to manage their menstruation safely and with dignity through improved knowledge, attitude and practices and access to affordable reusable sanitary menstrual materials.
- Promote in particular educational empowerment for female child
- To economically empower women for stability in the society.